Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yummy Mexican Dinner

I don't know what to call this except d*mn tasty. Matt even complimented it before I could nudge him to compliment me!

Alrighty.

Into the crockpot:

Box of chicken broth
Packet of taco seasoning
Can of black beans (I drain and rinse, but that is my preference)
Can of corn
Can of rotel
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
And here is where you can just raid your pantry and fridge - I added some frozen peppers, onion flakes and about a tablespoon of adobo seasoning. Most people would probably add onions and garnish with cheese, sour cream, etc.

Put all this in the crockpot - simmer on low all day or high for an afternoon.

And you are basically done - when you are ready to eat (or about 30 minutes before), just pull out your chicken breasts and shred with a fork, then serve.

I served mine over tortilla chips and put a scoop of Spanish rice on top.

Yum. For serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment