Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy first month baby girl!

Cam turned one month old Sunday! It seems like so long ago she (reluctantly) entered our world...

We've had an eventful past few days, including lots of firsts...

We went on our first roadtrip. In Miami, we got to spend time with lots of our family, like my granny, my aunt Dora and uncle Skip, my aunt Jamie and cousin Brooke, and my oldest friend Adriane, her little girl Scarlett and her mom Kathryn (they might as well be family!).

This trip was 3 hours, so both Matt and I changed diapers in the car, and I also nursed in the car (don't worry, it wasn't moving!). Cam did really well and only had one minor freak out (a shouting match with Miss Scarlett - our moms found this hilarious - Adriane and I...not so much.).

A nightcap with the Beav...

 

And lots of cuddles from Nana...


Granny got in on the action too...


All the lovely ladies...


We also had a quick weight check at the pediatrician - which came in really handy since we are having major skin issues. She is gaining weight like she should (she's now 8 lbs, 3 oz). We've got eczema on our forehead and cheeks, and a little diaper rash in a couple spots - so prescriptions were filled and we got instructions to cover her in lotion and bathe her in Cetaphil (obviously not in that order). She's already looking so much better just after a few days of lotioning!

Besides that, we've been to target 3 times in 2 days, have started really smiling and can track things with our eyes. Her little personality is already coming through. She is so content after eating and could nurse all day if I let her. She could also probably sleep 10 hours if I let her, but we settle for about 6 or 7. She hangs out in her bouncy chair and is starting to really focus on things - I just ordered her a play gym and can't wait for her to get it - I think she'll really start reaching for things and working on those neck muscles.

And the thing I love the most - she loves Matt and searches for him if he's in the room and not holding her. Last night he put her to sleep and I said "Are you going to put her in her crib?" He responds "No, I haven't seen her all day..." So instead of getting to bed a little earlier, he cuddled her on the couch. Yeah - I cried. I seriously have the best husband on the planet.


Beside that, we're just hanging out! We kind of have a routine, but it really just involves getting up at 6 and getting her down at about 11 (we're trying to make that a bit earlier since she doesn't want to wake up until 6:30 or 7). In between that, we eat, play and nap!

Man, being a baby is good...

Ps. I'm officially a mom - I took Cam to get in the bathtub and she peed on me. See my last post so you know it is official.

No comments:

Post a Comment